Friday, March 4, 2016

Sarah Sarah quite contrarah (?) - How does your garden grow?

I am certainly no gardener/green thumb, but having a house with a yard has at least gotten me to attempt to plant things/keep up appearances. Exhibit A: I mow the lawn. Not well, but that's neither here nor there. Exhibit B: last weekend I was inspired by the nice weather and went a bit crazy at the Lowe's garden center. I purchased (and subsequently planted):
  • caladiums
  • a peony bush
  • wildflower seeds
  • basil
  • lavender
  • three potted flowering plants (perhaps daisies, snapdragons and a third unidentified yet lovely purple one)

The only thing left to plant are hydrangeas, and I've already stalked them out at Sam's. My mom later informed me that it was too early for most of these things, and few if any will survive or thrive, but hey. I think the effort ought to count for something. Look out, yard of the month. I'm coming for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment