Friday, April 15, 2016

I survived Airbnb - and so can you

So we decided to try Airbnb for the Final Four. I mean, the Days Inn was $400/night - surely staying at someone's house would be cheaper. And it was - I found a room for $70/night just 2 miles from NRG Arena! Most people I know who have used this site had the place to themselves, but our hostess was there all weekend. With her live-in boyfriend. And her two dogs. But it was really okay, although my mom was not impressed by the cleanliness in general. We had our own room and our own bathroom, and free use of the gigantic TV in the den. Clearly our hostess meant it - on Sunday morning I was doing yoga out there on my portable DVD player, and she insisted that we put it on the big screen. Of course, I was almost finished and now had to start over, so after a solid hour of yoga I was so sore I could barely move the rest of the weekend. Plus the fact that her boyfriend woke up and she cooked everyone breakfast while the crowd watched me attempt The Crow with my ass in the air. Good times. But at only $70, it was worth it. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment