Wednesday, May 18, 2016

NYC musings, day one

First of all, it amazes me how you walk down the street in New York and no one is speaking English. It's like being in London. But you're in the U.S. Crazy.


I almost missed my flight due to the long security line at Love Field - literally had to sprint onto the plane. Never had that happen before. I wouldn't recommend it. Then arrived at LaGuardia to find an hour-long wait for a cab. A man with a private service offered to take me to my hotel, and found two guys from my plane who were going in a similar direction, so we all shared a ride. The guys were really nice - one went to Jesuit - so the hour drive (NYC gives new meaning to rush hour traffic) was a breeze.


Got to my hotel to learn that there had been a plumbing problem and unless no hot water was cool with me, they were moving me to another hotel down the street just for the night. Alrighty. Although the new hotel didn't have a gym (the horror!), my room was ridiculous. I guess it was a suite - two bedrooms, a kitchen and a sitting room. Seriously this thing could sleep at least 6. All for little ol' me.


I walked to Central Park and had dinner on the patio at Sarabeth's, although it is much cooler here than I was expecting/packed for. Looks like someone's coming home with an I heart NY sweatshirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment