Friday, May 20, 2016

NYC: where even comfortable shoes hurt

After day one of my conference, met my friend back at the hotel (PENTHOUSE SUITE) and we walked 40 blocks to the Meatpacking District for drinks on a rooftop. It too us so long that I was afraid we would miss the sunset. Luckily we didn't, even though our original location was closed for a private event. (Lots of graduations happening this weekend, methinks. Plus, just NYC.) Sadly, it was only two miles, but we were both sore by the time we (cabbed it) home. And I was wearing my "comfy" shoes, which weren't all that comfy after an hour and a half of walking. But we saw lots of stuff, including the Naked Cowboy and his wife, the Naked Cowgirl, and after today's half-day conference we are headed to Central Park, Dylan's Candy Bar and enjoy frozen hot chocolates at Serendipity. BOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment