Sunday, November 27, 2016

It's all Greek to me

We head back to London today after two days in Santorini - then back to Dallas tomorrow. Ready to get home/see my dog, but MAN. This place is so beautiful. It is off-season, so not everything is open, but it's really nice having the place almost all to ourselves (aside from busloads of Chinese tourists). Apparently the population goes from 50,000 in the winter to 1,000,000 in the summer. Opa!

We have had amazing weather - 65 and sunny - and the views are just ridiculous. I would think it was fake if I didn't see it for myself. The people are really nice, although the Greek accents are so thick we can't even understand them when they speak English. Have to admit I have eaten both Greek yogurt and a Greek salad - both of which I could get in the states (but both of which were delicious here). No ouzo, but Santorini makes it's own wine and we've tried some.

We are staying in the village of Oia, but ventured into the capital city, Thira (Fira) today. We even took the city bus! #brave

I bought some yummy hand/body lotion made from olive oil and other Greek finds, plus some balsalmic vinegar with figs and honey in it, to ensure that the Greek vacation doesn't stop when we get home.

Antio! (goodbye in Greek, according to Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment