Monday, November 14, 2016

You just got churched.

My mom and I have been testing out churches close to my house. And it kind of makes me feel like Goldilocks - this one is too small. This one has weird music. And this one might be a cult. (Kidding on that last one) We went to one yesterday that was pretty nice - I liked the female pastor, and the choir, although small, wore robes and seemed legit (I was raised in a traditional church, so that's what I'm used to). The congregation was very small, although not as small as the last one we visited (seriously, there were like 20 people) - which was nice because people stood up to ask for prayers, a cute 93-year-old WWII vet stood up when asked if any veterans were present, etc. - but fairly embarrassing for us newbies, because it was super obvious we weren't members. Everyone came over (including the pastor) to introduce themselves and welcome us. Very nice, but I was kind of hoping to just blend into the background for a while. But then a man came over and offered us official church umbrellas. You get swag at church now?? Count me IN. #amen

No comments:

Post a Comment