Monday, July 17, 2017

Trip Advisor

Absolutely loved Chicago. (Granted, have never been in the winter, but man the summer is NICE.) 80 and sunny during the day, 65 at night - a nice break from the 100-degree heat of Texas. Hamilton was of course amazing - my mom was super sad because our seats had a partially obstructed view, but we were able to see 95% of it and that 95% was brilliant. Have had the songs stuck in my head ever since.

Our hotel was in a great location right on the Chicago river - but also right across from this:

"Room with a view," my ass.

Saturday we walked around Millennium Park (saw the Bean and the beautiful gardens), then walked to Navy Pier and took an architecture cruise down the river. It was really informative and we had a great tour guide.

Walked around the Magnificent Mile, although all of the shops could be found in Dallas so we weren't all that impressed, but found the coolest building unintentionally:


Ate pizza at Lou Malnati's - my mom got the deep dish and I had to settle for a thin crust (gluten free), but somehow managed to eat the WHOLE DAMN THING. Dear god. And then the trip came to a bit of a crashing halt when my mom realized her wallet was gone. We think it fell out of the cab and someone grabbed it, because within an hour they had tried to use it on the South Side - $800 at Target, anyone? So that was kind of a bummer, but all in all it was a great trip and I'm super psyched about my Cubs hat. #believe

No comments:

Post a Comment