Tuesday, May 22, 2018

There's no crying in church. Unless you're a baby.

So we took Georgie to church Sunday evening for this Americana concert. I haven't been to church since she was born (sorry), and was excited they offered childcare. So we got there super early, not knowing how crowded it would be, and I dropped her off (she was the only one there). Sidebar: she barfed all over herself while I was passing her off - I'm sure they loved that.

About twenty minutes later (told you we got there early), a friend's mother texted me that she saw Georgie in the childcare area. I asked if she was still the only one in there - yep. Aw.

The first part of the concert ended with a 20 minute intermission. I was especially excited about the second half - a Sound of Music medley plus all the "Americana" songs - but wanted to go check on the baby. And of course we could hear her crying all the way down the hall. Bless her little bitty heart. So home we went. I would call it an epic fail, but at least we got her out and got to stay for the first half...

No comments:

Post a Comment