Monday, July 2, 2012

Maybe it was the Pride bag

...but we had a funny encounter on Saturday at the beach. Okay, the "beach." A.k.a. Lake Ray Roberts, about an hour outside of Dallas, which has a man-made beach. Granted the sand was pretty rocky and reminded me of a playground, but it was sand. And water. And dammit it was fun.

So back to the encounter: these two guys were sitting behind us at a picnic table in the shade. Actually, they were men. One was probably in his 50s, the other in his 60s. They had fins, a picnic lunch complete with healthy snacks (because they asked what we brought in case a trade was in order), and when one started swimming out to the buoys, he yelled to his buddy "If I have a heart attack, you can have everything I own!" Which therefore led my friend and I to think they might be gay.

But about an hour later, we all found ourselves in the lake together and they started chatting with us. From out of nowhere, the older guy yelled "And we're NOT gay!" Ha. I responded with a "Neither are we!" And everyone had a good laugh. Reminded me of my sweet Nana, telling people I wasn't gay at my brother's wedding. I guess sometimes you just need to remind everyone.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment