Monday, January 28, 2013

Ain't no party like a holiday office party 'cuz a holiday office party don't stop (and takes place in January)

We had our office holiday party last Thursday. Yes, a bit belated for a holiday party - but then again, it was a Black and White theme, so maybe the holiday we were celebrating was Martin Luther King Day. (or not.)

The Spazmatics were the band, and good lord I love them. I met some of them beforehand, and barely recognized them out of costume. I'm sure I still managed to come off like a total dork, though. (then again, that's how they dress...)

Due to the amazingness that is the Spazmatics (they played at Drew Barrymore's wedding, for pete's sake), I danced for literally three hours. The shoes came off after about an hour and a half, and I just roamed around barefoot the rest of the night. Got home around midnight, let the dog out, changed into my pjs, and noticed that one of my feet was caked in blood. (mine? someone else's? who knows) I assume I must have stepped on broken glass, but equally scary was that I had no idea it happened, and also had no idea where the source of the cut was. Too tired to deal with it, I rinsed off my feet and passed out.

Sign of a good office party, I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment