Thursday, January 24, 2013

Maybe that's how they spell Christmas in China

I really want a Tory Burch bag but can't afford one. So I googled "replica (aka knock-off) Tory Burch bags" and found www.newitisbag.com. Yes, folks: "New It Is Bag(s)". The unfortunate grammar in the title was the first sign that this site was clearly not US-based (I'm guessing China?), but there were a few more signs as well:

-the "Merry Chrstimas" banner which is still up (and spelled wrong), along with the weird anime Santa

-the amazing fact that all bags in all brands (Chanel! Versace! An unfortunately spelled Michael Korse!) were originally $368, but are now $40 each ("Save 80% off!")

-the fact that my work computer pops up a little flag whenever I go on the site, which probably means I now have a virus

I'm having the classic "angel on one shoulder, devil on the other" moment.
Devil: But the bags are only $40!
Angel: You are going to have your identity stolen if you put in your credit card information.
Devil: But the "T" logo on the Tory Burch purses looks so realistic!
Angel: This is not a legitimate site.
Devil: But....
Angel: Dear god. Don't do it.


Somehow the angel won. For now.

1 comment:

  1. Did the angel also say, "But you already HAVE 463 purses!!"?

    ReplyDelete