Friday, September 18, 2015

The Great Crate Date

Went to this matchmaking thing last night at a bar/record store. Cool idea - you find a record that either represents you or you think makes a good conversation piece, and put it in the corresponding box ("Men for women," "Women for men," "Men for men," etc.) Then the guys look through the crate and pick out a record that speaks to them and vice versa, and if someone picks your record you have a mini-date with them.

I decided on The Jimi Hendrix Experience (mostly because I couldn't find any 80s music), but was deterred by the fact that there were only girls at this thing, no guys. But this was only the first one, and apparently they host these every month. However, I'm guessing the guys that come to Deep Ellum to do this are a little too hipster for me. I did wear an ironic slogan t-shirt, though... #sohipithurts

1 comment:

  1. That sounds very cool. Were I single I'd be all over this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete