Monday, December 21, 2015

Check please


Another amazing yet true Match.com interaction:

Got an email from a guy over the weekend that said "I noticed you looked at my profile but didn't respond, so I will be the alpha male and take charge. What questions or concerns do you have for me?"

I looked at his profile, and had never seen it before, so not sure where this was coming from. But he seemed normal (key word being "seemed"), so I took the bait and responded, asking where he was from. And this was the response that I got back:

"At times my analytical mind interferes with routine questions like 'Where are you from originally?'. As a result a simple question gets to be a long answer because I want to be honest and complete. 1. I was born in Ohio. 2. From ages 2-4 lived in Corning, NY. Yes, the place that make Corning cooking ware. 3. We moved to Minnesota so my father could help my injured Grandfather on his Dairy farm. I lived in Minnesota from age 5 to 18. 4. I went to undergrad in Wisconsin. 5. I lived in Missouri from 1997 until 2013. 6. The last two years have been here in Texas. Thus, I am from Ohio. However, I think of myself as a Minnesotan but I have spent the most number of years in the state of Missouri."


[PLEASE NOTE THAT I STOPPED READING AFTER THE THIRD LINE AND CLOSED THE APP.]

Good grief, man. #blessyourheart

1 comment:

  1. "Alpha male"? "Questions or concerns?" I was already moving on... :)

    ReplyDelete