Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Holy crap. Emphasis on the "holy."

Sooooo. That Christmas Eve date didn't go so well. It didn't go at all, actually. I thought he would be picking me up and we would go to church together. Instead, he wanted to meet there, 15 minutes before the service was to start. Now, I don't go to church anymore, but I know enough to know that on Christmas and Easter, you get there early. Regardless, I agreed. When I was five minutes away,he texted that he was running 15 minutes late (which would put him arriving at the time the service started). Not being a member of the church (or Catholic, for that matter), I decided to stay in the car until he arrived. I waited. And waited. The parking lot filled up. The service started. After 30 minutes, I gave up. I texted to let him know that the service had started, there would not be anywhere to sit, and - oh yeah!- I was leaving. He responded that he was 3 minutes away, but I had already left. He later texted that he had to work late, but he chose the time of the service, so I really don't feel bad for him at all. Wonder if it counts as going to church on Christmas if I just sat in the parking lot? I'm going to assume that it does.
#humbug

No comments:

Post a Comment