Friday, February 24, 2017

Tell Buffy and Mitzi I'll meet them at the club

Well, I did it. I joined a damn country club. It's really the first one I've ever belonged to, although I grew up going to T Bar M (because my dad worked there), but that was more of a tennis club than a country club. It's all about the country club, people. The Dallas Athletic Club is right around the corner from my house, and although it has two golf courses, I'm joining for the tennis/pool/athletic facilities. They have live bands and a Fourth of July celebration, plus a wine club (!) and fancy brunches. The day I went to take a tour they were hosting some golf tournament, and I realized THAT was where all the men are. Good grief. It's possible this is what has been missing from my life. Now to buy some sweaters to tie around my neck. Because that's what you DO at the club, duh.


NOTE: I am actually not a full member yet. They are voting in next week's board meeting. And considering I had to submit a photo, letters of recommendation AND get a current member to "sponsor" me, I'm having major sorority rush flashbacks. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment