Monday, April 16, 2018

The fish are coming with me



"This Kush..."

(Sorry - just watched Jerry Maguire again so it's all fresh in my mind.)

My mom really wanted to get some fish for our outdoor "water feature." So at PetSmart yesterday, we asked the very knowledgeable and very colorfully haired girl in the reptile and fish section. She recommended goldfish, and to start with the cheap ones in case raccoons ate them. Alrighty.

My mom saw one tank and the goldfish were $1.50. We decided those would be fine, but the girl sais the tank below was a better choice. My mom was like, "but those are $14!" The girl said "no, they're 14 CENTS." I'm sorry, what?? Two fish and some fish food later, we walked out of there with $8 less. That's my kind of pet.

And considering they probably did not survive the night, it's a good thing they cost less than a quarter.


1 comment: