Friday, December 16, 2011

Ah, the generation gap

I've mentioned that my team at work consists of girls MUCH younger than me. The sweet 23-year-old bought "Overboard" for the white elephant party and of course has never seen it. (Don't worry - I think my five-minute synopsis complete with PeeWee-voiced "I like it when she goes ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" will suffice.)

I found the elusive John Denver and the Muppets video clips on YouTube (thanks Chris) and sent her the 12 Days of Christmas link. Her comments were classic:
"Who is the guy singing?" (embarrassing side note: used to name John Denver as my favorite singer, circa 1984.)
"Who is the one with the snout?" Alarmingly, I thought she couldn't identify Miss Piggy - but equally alarming, she didn't know who Gonzo was.
"Is that Kermit's baby?" Um, no. Nephew Robin. What is WRONG with this generation.
And finally, "Are they all frogs?" Dear god. I'm buying her the complete set of Muppet movies for Christmas. If I can change one life...

No comments:

Post a Comment