Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I love my dead gay son!

(Props to those who identified the title of this post as a classic quote from "Heathers.")

I guess it was inevitable. Last week, a close family member asked if I was gay. (Well technically, they asked if I liked kissing boys, but that's a slippery slope right there.) Stunned, I vented to friends about it, and a few other single girls have had similar experiences with their families. WTF - I guess older generations figure there's no other possible reason ladies in their 30s are still single. Well, here's one: I refuse to settle. (And there are obviously a myriad of other reasons, but I don't have the energy or enough alcohol to get into them here.)

So in closing: I am not gay. Just picky. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

1 comment:

  1. Outting yourself as being straight over the holidays...always the trend setter!

    Watched "Heathers" over the break with my bff...who had NEVER seen it! My response to her involved a chainsaw and the word "gently" if you catch my drift.

    ReplyDelete