Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bikinis and scarves and skis - oh my!

Will the ABC producers stop at nothing to create drama? They bring some total random girl back, hyping her up for weeks as "someone from Ben's past" who he probably met once - and then she doesn't even get a rose to continue to cause hyperventilation and random ultimatums from the other girls. (And yet I continue to watch.)

We kick things off with yet another location - San Francisco. And poor Tar Heel Emily gets the most un-romantic date yet - climbing to the top of the Bay Bridge. Which is cool, don't get me wrong - but doesn't exactly leave a lot of time for chit-chat. Particularly when both parties are (conveniently) afraid of heights. But then they got to have dinner and chat afterwards, and a rose was of course given out. And I have to give Ben props for his "Talk to me, Goose" Top Gun reference. Mayjah points.

Next up: the group date. Which is where the title of this post comes from. Really, ABC? These girls are skiing down a street in the middle of the city with bikinis on? (Oh, and many wore tube socks and scarves. Because there's snow and stuff.) I think this is where I would have to say a big Brittney-esque "no thank you." When I wear bikinis, I try to move around as little as possible. Lay like broccoli on a lounge chair. Or submerge myself in the pool. But certainly not skiing.

Finally, the solo date with Lyndzi - which was supposed to go to Brittney, but L will pick up the sloppy seconds, no problem! They had a cute date, aside from the always awkward dancing by themselves at a private concert. Always have to fast-forward through some of that.

And then Shawntel the funeral director shows up. Never minded her really, but this does seem fairly random. And the girls were not shy about showing their contempt: "You don't even f&*#ing KNOW him!" "Her thighs are way bigger than mine!" etc. (Nice, girls.) But it was all for naught, because she left empty-handed anyway.

I do think Courtney the model is a total psychotic bitch and I'm hoping it gets revealed sooner rather than later. Although it DOES make for some good TV...

No comments:

Post a Comment