Friday, January 6, 2012

Find a penny, pick it up (and put it in the piggy bank)

Okay so none of my shoes are selling on ebay. No one has even BID on any of them. Awesome. I'm having to come up with creative ways to save money. Here are a few thoughts:

1. Stock up on items from work and the gym. This includes toilet paper, diet DP, sugar packets and fruit.

2. Drive super carefully to avoid getting into a pricey fender-bender.

3. Also walk super carefully to avoid getting hurt and having to go to the hospital. Although you can't be careful all the time: around 2:30am this morning I somehow managed to jam my finger into my eye and it hurt so bad for like an hour afterward that I thought I had given myself some sort of scratched cornea or something. But even then, the cheapest answer wins out: shut your damn eye and go back to sleep. :)

3. Two words: instant oatmeal. Boxes of that are CHEAP, yo. (Probably for a reason)

4. Drink at home before going out. Or bring a flask in your purse. Which is awesome and not at all creepy.

5. Fill up water bottles with tap water and put them back in the fridge. This is good on many fronts: helps the environment, and hey - I'm sure the minerals from the tap are semi-healthy. Right???

6. Sell an organ or bodily fluid. I'm not above seeing what I could get for a kidney. Sold plasma in college for cash. And I would donate my eggs (again), but at this point they're too old and nobody wants them. Ain't that the truth.

Now, many of you (and my mother) might say "Sarah. Just stop shopping. And don't get your hair highlighted." Well that's just crazy talk. I would rather use horribly chafing TP that I stole from the gym than not be as blonde as God intended. It's all about making (some) sacrifices, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment