Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rock and roll and cola wars

Driving to work this morning, "We Didn't Start the Fire" came on the radio. And from somewhere in the depths of my brain I remembered 90% of the lyrics. (We had to learn them in 7th or 8th grade for History class.) I don't remember what some of the words refer to, necessarily, but still. Semi-impressed with myself.

It's weird what you remember. Or don't. My mom and I were quizzing each other on state and world capitals over Christmas (yep, we're wild like that), and my knowledge was pretty pathetic. (I believe "Estonia City" was my guess for the capital of Estonia. Which is apparently incorrect.)

And yet, I remember how to sign all three verses of "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing," which I learned in 4th grade. When that will EVER come in handy, I don't know. But if you ever need to know how to say "snow white turtle doves" in sign language, I'm your girl. If you need to know the capital of New Jersey, look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment