Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2 good 2 be 4 gotten

Found my old yearbooks over the weekend. Aside from cringing at the ridiculous hairstyles, it cracks me up to read the notes from friends. Here, a sampling from the tween-tastic middle school years...

5th grade:
"Have a great summer!"
"Have a party hardy summer!"
"Have a great summer!" (okay, so we get the gist. Give us a break - we're only 11.)

6th grade:
"URAQT!" (clever)
"We've had our ups and downs but I hope everything works out next year." (quelle drama!)
"Hey babe you funny lookin'. See you next year." (man, 12-year-olds are tough)
"Have a great summer." (why fix it if it ain't broke)
And my personal favorite: "Have a great summer babe! Let's do something!" (how very Hollywood)

7th grade:
"Don't do track next year. Do tennis it rules and I know you'll make it."
"Our Spanish class shreds!" (totally)
"8th grade next year and we're gonna rule the (middle) school!"
"As Bart Simpson would say, 'Eat my shorts.'" (ah, 1990)
And my fave: "I hope some people grow up over the summer (you know who I mean)." (classic)

8th grade:
"Have a cool summer and stay awesome." (I try)
"Student Council '91 sucked the big one. Hey, that rhymed."
"Remember the bomb threat? This year rocked!" (?!?!)
"Have an awesome summer scoping out the hot babes."
"Science was a blast - I get all my answers from you. Never change your seat or I'll fail!"

Ahhh good times. Up next: HIGH SCHOOL. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I just reread some high school ones when home last, hilarious stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no, 'Glad to sign your crack" ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a girls school. That sounds more like a boy comment. :)

    ReplyDelete