Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Carson > Ben

I can't devote an entire blog post to the Bachelor. Last night's episode was such a beat-down, it really doesn't deserve my time. But of course I watched it. And it was like being transported back to middle school. From the body paint tattoo of "C + B = love" to Blakely's super sad little collage which ultimately spelled her doom - seriously, ladies?? Poor form. And Jamie's last-ditch effort to seduce Ben, straddling him and almost ripping her dress and then the weird instructional kissing techniques which were so cringe-worthy that they forced me to fast-forward? Ouch. And of course Casey S who got talked into leaving because she wasn't over her ex - way to be the instigator and simultaneously the shoulder to cry on, Chris Harrison. Ben sucks.

But I do love me some Carson Daly, preferably old-school, slightly chubby Carson Daly. I watched the Top 40 TRL Moments on vh1 yesterday - ahhhh memories. Loved me some TRL back in the late 90s. Britney back when she was so cute and not crazy, Mariah Carey's striptease when she WAS crazy, and sweet little baby Justin Timberlake when he still had the unfortunate blond afro in NSYNC. Kind of weird that this was all before the dawn of Facebook and Twitter - people went on TRL to spread the word. And to hold up posters in Times Square like a bunch of morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment