Friday, February 17, 2012

Crack is whack, but RIP anyway

Tomorrow is Whitney Houston's funeral - so sad that it had to take her death to get her name mentioned in the media again - every night on the news (okay, on E! News), magazine covers, iTunes...reminds me of when Michael Jackson died. Like "oh, yeah - those were some good jams." I have totally bought into the hype, making a Whitney Memorial Mix which is now in constant rotation in my car. I was surprised how few songs of hers I had, so of course I purchased a few more to complete the list. Including the Star Spangled Banner. (What?)

I remember in the 80s, a friend of my mom's had a daughter named Whitney, and I was SO jealous because we would play the tape (titled "Whitney") and I wished I had the same name, too. (Of course, a year later I would wish my name was Tiffany, and she ended up being in Playboy, so there you go.)

And the song "I Will Always Love You" reminds me of high school. I must have put that on almost every mixed tape I created. And now, all these years later, it's back - on a mixed CD. Full circle, baby. Maybe I should add a little "My Prerogative" just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment