Friday, August 16, 2013

Dog days


In about a month, I will have been a dog owner for a year. Amazingly, we are both still alive (and one of us has almost doubled in size). During this time, Charlie has developed some amusing (and some not so amusing) traits:

·         She likes to sleep under the sheets with her head on my stomach. At first I was afraid she would suffocate, but whatevs.

·         When I brush my teeth, she thinks it’s time to go somewhere. (I guess that’s good? That I brush my teeth before going out?)

·         When I put on eye makeup at night, she starts to whine because she knows I’m about to leave. (My normal night routine is putting on my pajamas immediately, so anything other than that throws her off.)

·         She loooooves coming with me to take the trash bag to the trash chute.  Seriously loves it. I guess because she gets to sprint down the hallway and then back again. Weirdo.

·         She enjoys a good game of tug-of-war, and when I let her win, she drops the item back into my hand so we can go again. And again. And again…

·         And finally, I pick out her eye boogers on a daily basis. If that’s not love, I don’t know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment