Sunday, September 14, 2014

Get outta my dreams, get into my car

I hate car dealerships. Ironic, since I used to work for one, but if I could avoid them, I would. However, I bought a three-year free tire rotation/oil change package with my new car, so if I know I'm getting something for free, I will suck it up and go. I needed an oil change plus my Sync system was no longer working, so I went out there bright and early last Saturday morning. The service tech didn't instill a lot of trust when he messed up writing down my VIN # and had to get another piece of paper. Then told me he didn't know how to fix Sync since it was not a Ford dealership, but there was a lady who did know but she wasn't there that day. I asked if she didn't work weekends, and he replies that she did but just hadn't shown up that day - "must have gone out drinking." Ummm. So I decided to still get the oil change and he said it would take an hour. Two and a half hours later, the car was finally ready and I went to get my keys. The cashier said it would be $45. WTF - I told them I had a warranty and she called my trusty service guy over. He said he couldn't pull up internal info - of course only the missing woman could - but thank god they let me leave without having to pay. After three unanswered messages on the woman's machine, I finally caught her by dialing the 800 number. Turns out she doesn't know how to fix Sync either, so I had to go to another dealership. And they were 1000 times better - no warranty with them and they didn't charge me, plus it only took 5 minutes. May have found myself a new car place. #atlast

No comments:

Post a Comment