Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Howdy, folks

Made it to the State Fair of Texas this weekend - hadn't been in a few years, and had a free ticket, so figured what the heck. I'm proud to say that I made it out of there only having spent $20. (Well, plus $5 for the train to get there.) Considering the Diet DP was $5, I think that's a pretty impressive feat. Granted, I don't eat any of the fried crap they serve out there (chicken fried bacon! deep fried pecan pie! etc.), and don't ride the rides because I fear they were constructed in about 15 minutes by a carny with no teeth. Speaking of carnies, I also won two hats in the midway, thanks to some generous friends (thought one was an octopus; turns out it was a squid that sort of looks like a penis. But I digress.).  Perhaps I should write a book: How to Get in and out of the State Fair on $20 or less.
Hell - I'd read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment