Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Can't we all just get along??

Went on a first date on Saturday, and aside from the fact that he lives in Arlington (not exactly geographically desirable), I had a good time. Until he asked what my political views were. Which, I believe, is one of the things you are NOT supposed to talk about on a first date. And there's a reason for that.

I told him he probably wouldn't like what I was going to say, and of course we are of differing political views. I told him I was used to that, living in Texas, and so I choose not to discuss politics because it just leads to disagreements. As long as you don't push your views on me or tell me I'm wrong for my beliefs, we're good. Plus I don't vote in the little elections (sorry), so this really should only come up every four years.

Unless you're like this guy and it's extremely important. Which is why he texted me the next day to say conservatives and liberals were too different and we would not be going out again. Alrighty then. Yay America.

No comments:

Post a Comment