Friday, July 10, 2015

The mind's the first thing to go

Turning 38 today (!), and clearly signs of old age have already begun to surface. I use a mobile app on my phone to arm and disarm the alarm at home (because god forbid I actually press any buttons, old-school style). Every 30 days or so it asks you to re-enter your password to ensure that someone hasn't stolen your phone. So it did that the other day, and I completely blanked on my password. Which happens to me quite a bit, actually. So I went online to reset it, and it asked me three seemingly simple security questions. Which I continued to get wrong until it finally locked me out of the system altogether and I had to resort to old-school alarm disarming status. Tragically, two of the questions were "what is your father's middle name?" and "what is your sibling's middle name?" So I'm hoping it was the third one, "what is the last name of the first person you kissed?", that got me into trouble. (Sidebar: how invasive are these questions becoming?? What happened to "what's your favorite color?")

1 comment:

  1. you might need to take a quick trip to http://www.lumosity.com/ ;)

    ReplyDelete