Monday, June 13, 2016

If you build it...

Habitat for Humanity was awesome. Hot and long and hard, but awesome. (that's what she said)
We were on site from 7am-noon, and at 8:30 I thought it had to be 10:30 by now. My group was in charge of "trim," which I was hoping meant paint but actually meant measuring and cutting pieces of plywood and using a nail gun (!) to put them up around the house. At one point I even had to get up on the roof and hang upside down. But it was so rewarding - the roof wasn't there when we started, and was completely finished when we left. Plus the fact that the "foreman" who works for Habitat was so hot, I have already signed up for another shift. (Hey, whatever it takes, right?) I kept trying to strike up a conversation with him, and he kept looking at me like "get back to work!" Sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment