Thursday, June 9, 2016

#lifesaver

CPR/AED class complete! Posting a second blog today because I'm participating in a Habitat for Humanity build tomorrow and won't have access to a computer. #volunteerism


I last took CPR in high school when I was a lifeguard, and let me tell you - things have changed in 20 years. Instead of the ABCs (airway-breaths-compression), it's now CAB. Instead of 15 compressions and 2 breaths, it's 30 compressions and 2 breaths. (quite a workout, actually) And even the Heimlich maneuver has changed! Now you push in and up at the belly button! WHO KNEW.


I did enjoy the fact that they play "Stayin' Alive" while you perform CPR on your dummy, because the beat is correct (as is the message). Way to keep things fun, American Heart Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment