Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Hell no we won't go

I participated in the women's march in Dallas on Saturday. I have seen lots of anti-march comments on FB (but thankfully more pro-march comments), but it was a really cool thing to be part of. I wish I had gone to DC or Austin, but was happy Dallas had around 5000 people -women, men, children and dogs - take part. It was the first time I've ever marched, and we made signs and printed out the words to the official chants. (Example: "Show me what democracy looks like? This is what democracy looks like!") My mom came with me, and I'm sure it brought back memories of the 1960s (although she claims she never marched back then). Everyone was so polite, both marchers and passersby-except for the one woman who rolled down her window, laid on her horn and flipped us all off as she drove by. Well alrighty then. To each his own, of course - but I'm really glad I participated and was thrilled to see that marches happened all over the country and the globe (shout-out, Antarctica!).


No comments:

Post a Comment