Monday, January 30, 2017

Holy magic beans

My mom shared a "funny" story about what happened to her last week. I didn't find it as funny. You be the judge:

A man knocked on the door and my mom answered. He said he had amazing fertilizer to make my grass grow, complete with grass seed, vitamins, the works. A dollar a bag. My mom agreed, because #gardening. 240 bags later, they offered to do the back yard as well, but thankfully my mom said no. She got ready to pay $250, and the guy said, "that will be $1900." My mom was like, "Excuse me?? You said 'a dollar a bag!'" The man said,  "No, I said EIGHT dollar a bag." So my poor mother shelled out $2000 for dirt. That smells like shit.

I told her A. I would never have opened the door, and 2. I would have told the guy I didn't have that kind of money, and he would have to scoop it back up. #sorrynotsorry

Here's hoping I have the prettiest yard in all the land. For my own sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment