Friday, October 29, 2010

Dressing slutty and getting a sugar high? Thank you, Halloween!


Actually, NOT dressing slutty this year - do that enough on a regular basis. But yes please, sugar high. Candy at 8am at work? Sounds like a good start to the day. And it's just going to get worse. By Monday morning I might need an emergency dental appointment. But totally worth it.

Also looking forward to counting how many Snookies and Situations I run into tomorrow night. Plus Antoine Dodson (the "hide yo' kids" guy). As a kid, I never dressed as the "it" thing. I remember in third grade, the cool girl in school was Boy George. And I was in a biker gang along with the rest of my family. Yep.

Then in high school, we were only allowed to dress up senior year. And did I look cute and sassy? No sir. (Of course, it was all girls, so who really cared anyway) Went with an all green unitard and flippers...Kermit the Frog. Flippers are ridiculously hard to walk in, btw. We even cut a ping pong ball in half and sewed it to a green knit cap for the eyes. Good times.

Chapel Hill really did Halloween right. Franklin Street was totally blocked off and it was just sheer mayhem. But senior year I had to work (Chili's. Nice.) and remember getting pulled over for speeding on the way home. Dressed in a ballerina costume. I knew the cop thought I had been drinking and was PRAYING I wouldn't have to get out and walk the line in my tutu. Luckily he saw my Chili's apron on the front seat and was apparently a fan of the Awesome Blossom because he let me go. Phew.

Viva Halloween 2010. One of these years I'll get too old for this shiz, but this year isn't it. :)

1 comment:

  1. My fave was the 4 yr old Pooh that tripped over a speed bump in the Lamplighter Halloween parade and had to get a chin full of stitches. Grace.

    ReplyDelete