Monday, October 11, 2010

Nearly a nip slip

I wore one of the super-cute dresses I bought from my friend's Hunter Dixon clothing line to the rehearsal dinner this past Friday night in Iowa. I didn't notice until I put it on this weekend that there is a snap right at the chest, but whatev. It popped open a few times on the way to the rehearsal, but as long as I didn't take too big of a breath, it was good to go. Guess I forgot about that when getting up to make my toast at the dinner. In front of about 50 people, I literally got one word out and POP! The snap opened. Typical.

I decided I had a couple of options. One: I turn around in embarrassment and snap the dress back together. Two: I make a run for it. I went with option three: finish the toast as quickly as possible with my arms crossed across my chest. So ridiculous-looking. Apparently only the people at my table right in front knew what had actually happened, though - everyone else I talked to later just thought I was "really nervous." Mmm-kay. Such a nightmare. And so very "Sarah." Sigh.

1 comment: