Friday, January 28, 2011

I object!

That's my best legalese for you. Yes, I took the LSAT. No, I didn't do well. But last night I snuck into a Dallas Young Lawyers Association happy hour (with a lawyer friend, so it was semi-legit). My other faux-ttorney friend and I decided to tell anyone who asked (no one did) that she went to Yale Law School and I went to Harvard. Hey, it could happen. (Sidebar: when I was in grad school in Boston, my brother came up to visit and we went to visit Harvard. He bought a "Harvard Law" sticker for his car. I mean, why not.)

But back to the bar. (Not the LEGAL bar. The BAR bar.) We giggled as we looked around the room, feeling like frauds. Thought a good pick-up line could've been "Hey - you look familiar. Did we go to law school together? Were you in my Law 101 class?" (And yes - "Law 101" was the best we could come up with, next to "The Law for Dummies" and "Intro to Law.")

Up next: crashing a happy hour of DOCTORS. Stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment