Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pure Barre: 1, my body: 0

I consider myself to be in shape. But man, did that class do a number on me. Oddly, I didn't break a sweat, but my legs were shaking for hours afterward. (And did I mention that I can barely walk, two days later.) Damn you, ballet-inspired moves. Plus now I really want to go back and buy the official "Pure Barre" socklets that everyone else was wearing. Nothing screams "first-timer" like wearing little white Hanes ankle socks. Which of these kids is doing her own thing.

4 comments:

  1. I thought the biggest clue that we were first timers was my giggling at the beginning of class due to not knowing what was going on and then looking over my shoulder when I couldn't see the instructor in trying to figure out the "moves".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about taking that class but I'm scared it'll kick my butt! And I still need to find a first time buddy to go with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go again, Debbie. But it won't be pretty.

    ReplyDelete