Monday, January 31, 2011

When being single (and a girl) semi-sucks

1. Getting a flat tire. Only person to call is AAA. (Which is why I have AAA, but still.) See also: anything broken around the house. Would much rather see a boyfriend bending over to fix the toilet than a plumber's crack. Whatev.
2. Lugging in 8 bags of groceries and a 12-pack of DDP. Single gal=pack mule.
3. Times like the present, when I have my new flat-screen all ready to go but the old TV is too heavy to move by myself. So the new TV has been sitting, in its box on the floor, for about a week now. Sigh. Fingers crossed it will be up and running by Super Bowl Sunday...


I won't even add "The unmentionables" (V-day, New Year's Eve, weddings...). We all already know about those bad boys.

6 comments:

  1. you have my phone number and I am always happy to help out my friends with minor handyman stuff and lifting heavy things. My rates are very reasonable and I try hard not do display plumber crack.

    but you're on your own for the groceries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take beer and/or food as payment. You're the one that mentioned 8 bags of groceries. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I guess, Diane's no help at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! We are close and Drew will be happy to haul anything. Handyman, he is not. We paid electricians to install ceiling fans at our old house. He has many other amazing qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will babysit as payment. (actually, i would pay YOU to babysit.)

    ReplyDelete