Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Eve: a synopsis


So I got roped into co-hosting a NYE party with a guy friend. He swore ALL of his friends wanted him to have a party, but he wouldn't do it without me. (Translation: I provide the ladies.)


But of course everyone already had NYE plans, and a whopping four girls showed up. (SHOUT-OUT, LADIES) Only one of whom (besides myself) was single. And she left after about an hour.


Semi-panicked that I would have to kiss EVERYONE at midnight, I was so grateful that B brought sparklers. Ooh! Something shiny to distract the boys! And they burn like a bi-yotch! (I let out a choice 4-letter word that was NOT ladylike when my hand got a little toasty, I assure you.)


But testosterone overload be damned*, it was still a fun night. A dance party broke out, we rapped to the classic "Supersonic," there were a bunch of sandwiches, I remembered how awesome Boone's Farm is, and I ran into a guy from elementary school who I hadn't seen since 1987. Gotta love a random NYE run-in. Happy happy 2011.
*Speaking of testosterone, what is the DEAL with the "ball dropping." It is such a man-made (and by that I mean made by a bunch of dudes) holiday tradition that I almost can't handle it. Anything involving bedazzled balls is a little out there. Just saying.

1 comment:

  1. I resent the idea that we men can be distracted with shiny obj...

    SQUIRREL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete