Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Let's do it for our country

...what a great Grease 2 song. Every time I watch it, I wonder - is Michelle Pfeiffer mortified that she was in this film. Although being a Pink Lady is never mortifying. But the title of this post is sadly not about Rydell High.

It's about the awesomeness that is the Carrier Classic: UNC v Michigan State, on Friday, Veteran's Day, on the deck of a freaking aircraft carrier, airing on ESPN. Set your DVRs.

We even have these sweet camo uniforms to wear:



And oh yeah - the freaking PRESIDENT will be there. Not of the college. Of the country.


(Side bar: he BETTER be a Tar Heel fan.) My only fear is that in the heat of (basketball) battle, someone will shove someone else right over the side of the ship, but then I think about all the hot military men who will be in the audience, and I settle back down.

Don't think it's a coincidence that USA and UNC have the same number of letters and both start with the letter "U." And now I sound like I'm on Sesame Street. So be it. And GO HEELS.

6 comments:

  1. Bryan's aunt and uncle are going!!! They are Michigan fans but still how awesome will that be???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have seen this, right? From a few years ago...

    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24368094/

    He's totally a UNC fan. Even if he can't admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um ... WOOT. looked for final four plane tickets today. $680 each. wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oof. I seriously might drive.

    ReplyDelete