Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This is what it's come to, apparently.

My grandmother and my mom are staying with me for a few days (in a one-bedroom apartment - good times), and the other night Nana was telling me she had a guy for me to meet. I started getting excited, since I'll be visiting them for Christmas in Colorado - hell-oooo, set-up! But my mom whispered, "he is imaginary." Well of course he is.

So apparently my love life is so pathetic that my poor 87-year-old grandmother has had to resort to creating a FICTIONAL man for me. But it doesn't stop there - she has put a lot of thought into this. Some highlights of "Steve Make-believe":

He went to UNC. But he was a senior when I was a freshman, so I didn't know him in school. (Convenient, Nana.)

He is a pediatrician, specializing in asthma. (?)

We will eventually marry and have twin boys. (This could actually happen, since I will be so old I'll be all hopped up on fertility drugs and will probably pop out multiples.)

So there you have it, folks. If anyone knows this guy, let me know. Nana wants me to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment