Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Who's a big girl??

Embarrassing admissions time.

I used to not be able to swallow pills. Not even the nice gel-coated ones. I would gag and either have to opt for chewables (does anyone else think Baby Tylenol is delicious? Just me?), or suck it up and hope the pain/illness would go away on its own. Actually, in a last-ditch effort my dad DID buy me the Pill Masher (as seen on TV). That bad boy would crush up just about anything, and then my parents would hide the remnants in a spoonful of yogurt or peanut butter or something. (Um, isn't that how you get DOGS to take pills. Whatever. It worked.)

It also might come as no surprise that I still went to my pediatrician until like age 24. (Shout-out, Dr. Sue Hubbard.) So embarrassing, sitting in the waiting room over a college break and having to pretend like my CHILD was in the bathroom, since that would be the only logical reason for someone in their 20s to be in that office...not sure who to blame this on. We'll go with my mother. :)

But I am now proud to say that I can swallow pills and see an adult doctor. What a big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment