Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hats off

This weekend is the Kentucky Derby - aka, an excellent reason to day-drink and wear Big Hats. I had to wear a Big Hat for high school graduation, and hadn't really worn one since. See below for proof:

But then last year I got invited to the horse races here in Dallas, and felt obliged to get myself another Big Hat. And it was fairly awesome. So this year I of course had to top it (pun intended) and will don yet another Big Hat. I wish it looked like this:


I was also gifted a fascinator last year for my birthday - just waiting for the right time to wear that bad boy. (Are you listening, Duchess Catherine?) And of course being a Texan I own a plethora of cowboy hats. And being a Tar Heel also have about 10 baseball caps. But The one hat look I can't pull off (and yet want to the most) is the fedora. I'm just not cool enough. I also look pretty stupid in ski caps, but am usually so bundled up for skiing that it doesn't make much of a difference one way or another.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that graduation picture brings back memories. :D

    ReplyDelete