Friday, May 11, 2012

Mom dramz

Ah, Mother's Day.

The day once a year when a card and flowers (or, in my case, a card and a dress I bought for myself that I didn't want so re-gifted) is supposed to make up for decades of motherly advice and allowance (nevermind the hours of labor...).

My mom was in town last weekend and stayed with me for four days (and four nights, but who's counting). In that span of time, she couldn't figure out how to get the keys out of my car's ignition and switched my shampoo and conditioner in the shower so I had to wash my hair three times (conditioner, shampoo, conditioner).

But the poor thing didn't have much else to do - I only gave her Frosted Mini-wheats, chips and salsa, and wine as sustenance. (Which actually hits most of the food groups, but whatev.) She was a trooper, but dammit, so was I.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and to all the other awesome moms I know!


1 comment: