Thursday, May 10, 2012

Those crazy Brits

Was watching a new show on Bravo this morning, "Around the World in 80 Plates," and they started off in London. Brought back some fond memories of being there last summer (Pimms!!), but also some not-so-fond memories: the food.

It probably sounds uber-American, but I don't really care for British cuisine. (And I AM American. So there.) Haggis? Ew. Black pudding? Pass.

I DO, however, care for the NAMES of British cuisine. Many of their dishes make me giggle. For instance:

Bangers and Mash
Spotted Dick
Toad in the Hole

And, my personal favorite, Bubbles and Squeak. Might have to get a couple of dogs and name them Bubbles and Squeak. Semi-obsessed.

2 comments:

  1. Another favorite is beans on toast, and I know somebody who had dogs named Beans and Toast. True story.

    ReplyDelete