Monday, May 14, 2012

I prefer my 5K to be $5,000

Somehow ran two 5Ks last week and didn't wind up in the hospital. Ran faster the second time even though I was so sore from the first one I could barely walk. (Who knew?)

But there WERE some interesting sights to behold. A 5K, while a workout, is also excellent people watching...

Katy Trail 5K: There was a guy in a banana suit, running with his buddy dressed as a gorilla. Complete with mask. A guy in jeans sprinted past me. And they weren't even stretch jeans. Sad. Also saw a guy running in a kilt, barefoot. The bottoms of his feet were FOUL, I assure you. The race was followed by a big festival, with live music, beer and food. Which totally negated the 3 miles you just ran, but whatev.

Head for the Cure 5K: This one was a bit more somber, as it was for brain cancer, so a lot of people had on "in memory of" t-shirts. But it all went out the window when I was stretching out afterwards and a guy came up and puked right in front of me. Lovely.

And now my body feels like I've been hit by a car. Not sure I can pull out a 10K next month. Although technically I ran a 10K last week - just divided it up over a few days. Might be on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment