Friday, August 15, 2014

California dreaming

A few things that I have noticed after two days at the beach:

There are a lot of people at the beach, playing volleyball, surfing, eating at restaurants,etc. in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. They can't all be tourists, so it seems not a lot of people have actual jobs.

In typical hippie California style, I have passed a bazillion yoga studios (and seen yoga classes on the beach), plus parking spots complete with charging stations for electric cars.

California girls are easy to spot, both because they are so tan and blonde, and because they just look cooler than I will ever be. One girl wheeled past me on a skateboard wearing nothing but a tiny bikini, and looked fantastic.

Oh, and I managed to step in tar on my very first beach outing. I guess I am LITERALLY a Tar Heel now. (Gotta make jokes, cause that shit isn't coming off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment