Monday, August 18, 2014

Surfer Girl



Surfing was AMAZEBALLS. Like seriously the coolest thing I have ever done. It took my about 4 tries to get up, but after that I stood up every time. I had one nasty wipeout where I fell on my shoulder onto the hard sand, and it's possibly dislocated because it still really hurts, but totally worth it. I will say the full-body wetsuit, while warm, is not very flattering. And it was nice to see that even the really good surfers (including the grandson of the Body Glove creator - literally the first wetsuit - who was out there at the same time) wipe out too. The ocean brakes for no man.  And happy to report I did not see any sharks. I decided not to ask my instructor if she had seen any, because I knew I would be terrified by the answer.

Hour and a half lesson and I'm totally hooked. Sign me up for surf camp in Costa Rica - who's with me?? Surf is UP, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment