Friday, August 22, 2014

Challenge accepted.

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has taken social media by storm. Celebrities are doing it. Athletes are doing it. Friends' kids are doing it. I know it's pretty overdone at this point, but it has raised over $40 million for ALS, so I say keep on keeping on, ice bucketeers. No one has challenged ME, but we're doing it at work today, so no worries.

I did have a slight bucket issue yesterday - a co-worker told me to go buy pickle buckets from a local sandwich shop. I stupidly thought they would WASH the buckets. But no. I had to drive back to work with the windows down, nearly crying and simultaneously gagging over the pungent odor. (Note: I do not like pickles. And now never will.)

Back at the office, someone told me I should leave coffee grounds in the car to evaporate the smell. So I did. And someone else gave me some extra-strength Febreze, so I sprayed that around in there as well. Nervous for a coffee-pickle-baby powder stench, I didn't know what to expect when getting into my car last night. But all good. It's a little coffee-ish, but thank god that pickle smell went away. #icebucketfail

No comments:

Post a Comment