Monday, August 8, 2016

I'd settle for rose gold

How fun are the Olympics? Even with the poisonous water and the riots and Zika and the general chaos of Rio, the events are so exciting and the athletes are so inspiring. Seriously - the muscles on the female swimmers and gymnasts? INSANE. I may or may not be adding 100 crunches to my daily regimen. I watched that horrific bike crash yesterday, and saw the male gymnast who broke his leg - so heartbreaking to get that close and get hurt. Then again, they got farther than most of us will ever get, so there's that. We kicked off our office Olympics today with a torch run through the building, and I followed along with a laptop playing the Olympic theme song and encouraging chants of "USA!" (not many takers at 10am on a Monday, but shout-out to the three people who participated). After that sad display of non-athleticism (literally, it took 8 minutes), I am clearly not in Olympian shape. Guess I have four years to fix that. #tokyo2020 #archery?

No comments:

Post a Comment